Before your Diolaze Appointment
We are excited about your upcoming Diolaze treatment at Mira Spa + Salon.
Before your appointment, we wanted to share some directions to ensure you have the best experience and prepare your skin for optimal results.
Before your appointment, please let your providers know before treatment if you have any of the following conditions that may make you unsuitable for DIOLAZE treatments:
- Pregnancy or nursing.
- Under 18 years of age.
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator or any electronic Implant such as glucose monitor.
- Permanent implant in the treated area, such as metal plates and screws, silicone implants, or an injected chemical substance.
- Current or history of cancer, especially skin cancer or pre-malignant moles.
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immunosuppressive medications.
- Severe concurrent conditions such as cardiac disorders, epilepsy, uncontrolled hypertension, and liver or kidney diseases.
- A history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area.
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema and rash as well as excessively/freshly tanned skin.
- History of skin disorders such as keloid scarring, abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry and fragile skin.
- Any medical condition that might impair skin healing.
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes or thyroid dysfunction.
- Any surgical, invasive, ablative procedure in the treatment area in the last 3 months or before complete healing.
- Superficial injection of biological fillers in the last 6 months or Botox in the last 2 weeks.
- Use of Isotretinoin (Accutane) within 6 months before treatment the possible side effects of the treatment including: local pain, skin redness (erythema), swelling (edema), damage to the natural skin texture (crust, blister, burn), change of skin pigmentation (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation), and scarring. Although these effects are rare and expected to be temporary, redness and swelling may last up to 3 weeks and are part of a normal reaction to the treatment. Burns and resulting pigmentation change and scarring are rare and may happen in dark skin that is not taken care of according to instructions. Tiny scabs appear on the face for a few days as part of normal healing. However, make-up may be applied as soon as 1-3 days after the session to mask them and residual redness. Any adverse reaction should be reported immediately.
Diolaze Pre & Post-Treatment Instructions
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, avoid laser hair removal.
- Shave the area to be treated the night before or the morning of your appointment.
- Discontinue waxing, threading, and other depilatories for at least 4 weeks before and throughout treatment.
- Stop any retinoids 4 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid irritant topical agents for 2-3 days before treatment.
- Avoid anticoagulants for 7-10 days before treatment if medically permitted.
- No deep exfoliation or chemical peel treatments at least 4 weeks before the treatment.
- Avoid applying makeup on the day of treatment if getting laser hair removal done on the face.
- Avoid tanning before your treatment for 3-4 weeks. This includes self-tanner. Any client with a significant tan or sunburn may be rescheduled due to the procedure’s sensitivity to altered skin color and for your own safety.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please inform the provider.
- The treatment area is very delicate and should be treated gently.
- It is common to experience slight swelling and redness at the treatment site.
- Avoid direct sun exposure to treated areas for at least 2 weeks post-treatment, and all signs of redness and irritation have subsided.
- Always wear broad-spectrum sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 daily.
- Avoid scratching, picking, or rubbing the treatment area.
- Avoid pools, hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms for up to one-week post-treatment.
- Avoid deep exfoliation treatments or creams containing a chemical exfoliant for 2 weeks post-treatment, such as microdermabrasion, retinoids, or glycolic acid.
- You may apply cold compresses or ice packs to the treated site if needed
- Moisturizer may be applied after each treatment.
- Make-up may be applied immediately after facial treatment if the skin is intact.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (571) 313-8962.