A FEW THINGS BEFORE YOUR XEOMIN APPOINTMENT
Thank you for booking your appointment for wrinkle relaxer with our resident injector, Leana. We wanted to share a few instructions to help reduce the amount of bruising and/or swelling from the injection sites:
Before your Treatment
2 WEEKS BEFORE:
- Please remember to schedule your appointment at least 2 weeks before any special event which may be occurring: I.E. wedding, vacation, etc.
7 DAYS BEFORE:
- AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. john’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
3 DAYS BEFORE:
- Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or other “anti-aging” products.
- AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or using hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
24 HOURS BEFORE TREATMENT
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy before treatment.
- Do not use Xeomin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this before treatment.
Day Of Treatment
- Arrive to the office with a “Clean face”. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection. Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible. You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days. You may have bruises in the areas treated.
- DO NOT “rest your head” or lie down for 4 hours. Remain upright. You may lie in a reclined position, just do not lie flat.
- AVOID placing excessive pressure on the treated area(S) for the first few days; when cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle. Please use a gentle cleanser with no fragrance in the treated areas. Please refrain from manipulating the areas for 3 hours following treatment. This includes not doing a facial, a peel, or a microdermabrasion after treatment. Any of these procedures can be done in the same appointment only if they are done before the treatment.
- DO NOT wear a headband or hat where the band goes across your forehead if you had between your eyebrows or on your forehead.
- AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided.
- BE SURE to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
- AVOID using Ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil supplements, or Vitamin E for 24 hours following injections. If bruising appears, apply ice to the area for 15 minutes every hour to decrease bruising.
- The most common side effect is headaches with Botox injections. You may use Tylenol to relieve this. If you are a chronic headache sufferer and have prescription headache medication, you may take it as your doctor prescribes.
- Wait for at least 24 hours (or as directed by your provider) before receiving any skin care or laser treatments.